7 Steps to the Best Homemade Beef Burger Recipe
Why order take-out when you can make your own mouthwatering cheeseburgers? Read on easy to follow for a beef burger recipe.
There is something undeniably tempting about sinking your teeth into a juicy beef burger. The burst of flavour, the enticing aroma of freshly grilled patties, followed by that gratifying feeling which comes with eating a delicious, meaty meal.
Of course, ordering out is one way to satisfy these cravings but nothing beats grilling our thick, freshly prepared Angus beef patties yourself. This way, you’ll know you’re getting the best quality meat, and thanks to our helpful beef burger recipe guide, you’ll grill them to perfection every single time.
Whether you’re looking for the ultimate homemade comfort food or prepping for a traditional Maltese BBQ, creating your own gourmet burger has never been so easy. To make things easier for you, in this simple step-by-step recipe we’re covering the A to Z of burger making, from how to perfectly grill your fresh J&M Angus patties to putting together your own signature burger sauce using just 5 simple ingredients. This all-American cheeseburger recipe is one that will last for generations to come and is sure to keep the whole family happy. So, let’s dive right in!
Gather all your ingredients and begin here:
Ingredients for Burgers:
- 4 x USDA Angus beef patties from J&M butcher
- 4 x brioche buns
- 1 tablespoon of spreadable butter
Burger Topping Ingredients:
- 3 x pickles / gherkins
- 2 x ripe tomatoes
- 1 x iceberg lettuce
- 1 x red onion
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
For the Burger Sauce:
- 1/4 cup of mayo
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of pickle juice
- A dash of garlic powder
- A dash of smoked or regular paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Cooking and Assembling Your Homemade Burgers:
- To cook the patties, preheat a large non-stick pan on high heat for 1 or 2 minutes. Once the pan is hot, add the patties to the pan and lower the heat to medium. Grill the patties for 4 minutes on each side. Lightly press them down with a spatula to ensure that the patties make contact with the pan.
- Meanwhile, slice up the veg in thin and even slices. Wash and dry your lettuce using a kitchen paper-towel and tear up the larger leaves into smaller pieces.
- Combine all ingredients for the burger sauce in a small saucer, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- When your patties have just 4 minutes left to cook, add your sliced cheese to the top and leave it to melt.
- Once the patties are cooked to perfection, move them to a cutting board and wipe your pan with a paper towel.
- Turn your heat down to low and, after slicing your buns, lightly toast it whilst the pan is still hot. The buns only take about 1 minute to toast, so watch them carefully as they turn from white to golden brown.
- Assemble your burgers by building your layers like so: bun, the desired veg, patty with the cheese, and burger sauce.
And just like that, with some simple preparation and a selection of fresh ingredients, you can create your own tasty cheeseburgers from home or at your BBQ location. Try out this recipe using our home-made patties and let us know how they turned out in the comments section below.